Can I re-sit my exams?
Ofqual have confirmed that there will be an autumn exams series therefore, if your grades are not as you had hoped, there is an opportunity to sit an exam in October 2020 for all A-Level and AS subjects and in November 2020 for GCSE subjects. If you wish to take an exam in the autumn series, you must email the Examinations Manager, Mr Bedwell (firstname.lastname@example.org), by the following school deadlines:
- A-Level deadline: 3rd September 2020
- GCSE deadline: 16th September 2020
When are the Autumn Term Exams?
The October and November exam periods will run as follows:
- 5th – 23rd October 2020 (A-Level)
- 2nd – 23rd November 2020 (GCSE)
If you would like to apply to sit an examination in the Autumn Series, please download this form, complete and return by the dates above. Entries cannot be accepted after those dates:
When do I get the results of the Autumn Term Exams Series?
Results from the autumn exam series will be issued on the following dates:
- A-Level: 17th December 2020
- GCSE: 11th February 2021
If you have been entered to sit an exam in the Autumn Series in either October or November, we are putting in the following measures to ensure we operate in a way that ensures the integrity of the examinations, and to keep you safe while on site:
- Please bring with you all the equipment you need for your examination: Especially Black pens and a Calculator for Maths Calculator papers
- A Level Exams: Please report to the front of Trinity House Upper site fifteen minutes before the start of your examination – 8.45am for morning sessions and 12.45pm for the afternoon.
- Please bring with you a form of photographic identification – passport/driving license ideally. You must show this to the member of staff/invigilator on arrival.
- You will be escorted from the entrance through to the examination room. While you are walking through the school, please wear a face covering (unless you have exemption), and sanitise your hands on entry.
- At the end of the exam, you will be escorted to the door and signed out. You should also ensure you sanitise your hands as you leave.
Please be punctual for your examinations. These are formal exams and will take place in accordance with the official guidelines as set out by the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ).
Start Times as follows:
Afternoon Exams – 1.00pm
If you have a pencil case, you must make sure it is clear with no logos. Water bottles must be free from logos or patterns and must not have labels on them. They must be clear only. Bottles/flasks of any other kind will not be allowed in the exam room. If you do need to bring a calculator with you, please ensure it does not have the cover with it.
Absence / Lateness to Exam
If you miss the examination, you will not be able to take it on another day. If you are going to be late for the exam, you must contact the exams office on 020 8506 5540 as soon as possible. Lateness to the examinations must be reported and recorded.
For further information or guidance, please refer to the following documentation produced by the JCQ: