Dear Parents & Students, 1. School has reopened after the long vacation. Welcome back! We look forward to the Beloveds settling down bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. We extend a special welcome to our new Years 7 and 12. I hope to meet you all sooner rather than later. I do hope you and your families had a very pleasant and restful summer holiday. 2. I am very pleased to give you a summary of our excellent examination results at GCSE and A' Level, please see the attached. My warmest congratulations to students and their families. My most heartfelt thanks to Senior Managers and all the staff at Trinity. Our school proved to achieve the best (grammar schools excepted) in Redbridge and the surrounding Local Authority. This is an incredible achievement and we will continue to pursue such excellence for the vision we follow and the children we serve. 3. Tauists: This is a group which meets every Friday at 12.30 p.m, at St. Thomas of Canterbury Church to say some prayers before the Blessed Sacrament during the hours of Christ's passion. The group takes its name from the Greek letter "TAU" the first letter in the Greek name for God. It was also the sign St. Francis of Assisi used to seal his letters. Students stay for about 15 minutes and then go back to their respective sites. Every Tauist will be given a rosary ring, a prayer card and a guidance pack. The word Tauist will be stamped in their journal. The first meeting of the Tauists will be on Friday 13th September at 12.30pm in St. Thomas of Canterbury Church. 4. Headmaster's Forum: The headmaster will be in the Lower Site dining hall every Thursday from 12.30 - 12.45pm. Any student may approach him on any matter. 5. Acclamation: Each lesson at Trinity will begin with the following acclamation: "Gracious God, Thank you for the gift of today. Refresh me ... invite me ... to discover Your Presence in each person that I meet and every event encountered. May my living today reveal your goodness. Amen." 6. Our Head boy is Adriatik Rrushi and Head Girl is Elizabeth Keen for this new academic year. We wish them every success over the coming months. 7. Warning about early closures: Parents should be aware that we intend to close early on five occasions this term. All occasions are most necessary to the life of this school.
- Thursday 12th September the school will close at 1.00pm to accommodate statutory staff safeguarding/medical training.
- Wednesday 25th September the school will close early at 2.15pm in order to prepare itself for the statutory Prospective Year 7 Open Evening for students who are applying for admission for Year 7 in September 2020.
- Monday 25th November the school will close at 3.00pm to prepare for our Year 13 Subject Evening.
- Wednesday 4th December the school will close at 3.00pm to prepare for our Prospective Year 12 Open Evening.
- Thursday 12th December the school will close at 3.00pm to prepare for our Year 11 Subject Evening.
- Friday 20th December the school will close at 1.15pm for the last day of term.
Dr P.C. Doherty OBE